Netgear Nighthawk X6S tri-band WiFi mesh extender uses a 5GHz radio band to communicate perfectly with your existing WiFi router. Also, it uses the same SSID (network name) as your existing router that means you don’t have to connect your range extender to different networks as you wanna roam around freely throughout your home.
If you want to extend the range and speed of your WiFi network, you must connect your Nighthawk X6S tri-band WiFi mesh extender to your internet.
You can easily do this in one of the following two ways:
1. Connect with WPS (Wi-Fi-Protected Setup) lets you join a secure network without typing the network name (SSID) and password (security key or passphrase).
2. Connect with the Netgear installation assistant by opening a web browser from a computer or laptop.
Netgear WiFi Extender setup: Netgear installation assistant
- Turn on your Nighthawk AC3000 (EX8000) mesh extender.
- Place it in a range of your main WiFi router.
- After that, plug the Nighthawk extender into a power socket.
- Wait for a small piece of time for the Power LED light on your Netgear device to become solid green.
Note: If the LEDs on your range extender does not light, then push the On/Off button.
Now, Wired (using an Ethernet cable) or wirelessly (connecting to Netgear_Ext), connect a computer or laptop to the Netgear WiFi range extender.
Launch a web browser on your connected device and type www.mywifiext.net in its URL bar. Do not enter the mentioned URL in the search bar.
Netgear installation assistant page will display
Simply follow the on-screen prompts to connect your Nighthawk range extender to your main WiFi network.
Once done, move your extender to a new location that should be about halfway between your existing router and the area with a poor internet signal and WiFi connectivity.
Moreover, the location you choose to place your WiFi extender must at a clean and high shelf and away from the reach of the following things:
- Concrete Walls
- Public WiFi
- Fish tanks
- Metal Appliances
- Electronic Gadgets/ toys
- Bluetooth speakers/ devices
- Cordless phones
- Automatic Garage Opener/ door alarms
- Mixer Grinder
- Baby Monitors
By following the aforementioned ways, you will get a high-speed internet range for your devices and you will enjoy streaming online videos and movies with a cup of tea or coffee in the balcony, terrace, or backyard of your house.
Note: If you have any queries on how to setup Netgear extender, then dial 1-844-456-4180 (toll-free) and ask us for Netgear extender support.
Netgear Extender Setup: WiFi-Protected Setup
- Turn on your Netgear AC3000 WiFi range extender.
- Plug it into an electrical outlet close to your main WiFi modem.
- Wait a few minutes for the Power lights on your Nighthawk EX8000 extender to light solid green.
Note: If the lights on your EX8000 does not light up, then push the power button on it.
- Press the WPS button on your Netgear AC3000 (EX8000) mesh extender for 10-15 seconds.
- After 60-70 seconds, press the WPS button on your WiFi main router as well.
- As soon as your extender connects to the existing router successfully, the EX8000 WPS LED light will become solid white.
Note: If your existing router supports the 5 GHz band, then your range extender attempts to connect to your existing router’s 5 GHz band the very first time you push the WPS button. On the other hand, if your Nighthawk extender did not connect to your router’s 5 GHz band, repeat the entire WPS process.
EX8000 Link Status LED
- Solid White: The connection between your existing router and Netgear range extender is good.
After a few minutes, the Link Status LED will illuminate solid blue automatically if the connection between your devices is good.
- In case, the Link Status LED lights red or amber, then it means that the connection between your devices is poor and you have to move your range extender closer to the router to fix this issue.
Link Status LED:
- Solid White indicates the connection between your range extender and the router is best.
- Solid amber indicates a good connection.
- Solid red indicated the worst connection between your smart devices (router and the range extender).
If you see hardly any lights, then it means that there isn’t any connection established yet between your devices.
And if the lights on your range extender are blinking white, then it means that your device has been reset back to factory default settings.
Client Link LED
- Solid White: Your Nighthawk extender is connected to a computer, laptop, or mobile device successfully.
- Off: Your extender isn’t connected to any device, not even router.
To fix any issues related to mywifiext.net setup or the new extender setup process, interact with our tech support team as soon as possible.