Netgear genie setup wizard is the interface for the extender installation. You can access this setup wizard via a web browser on your computer or laptop. However, make sure that your device is connected to an active internet connection. Once you are done with the installation of your device, connect to the new extended network and enjoy fast connectivity everywhere you want.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup – Get Connected
When you connect the extender to the network and open a web browser window, it automatically takes you to the Netgear genie smart setup page. But this is not always the case! Sometimes, when you launch a web browser, it opens nothing but a new window.
If the scenario is quite similar to you, let us first tell you that there is no need to worry at all. It is a common issue experienced by millions around the globe. In this case, you just have to manually enter the default mywifiext.net web address in the URL bar. Re-check the entered web address. Because wrongly entered URL can take you to another web page or cause issues. Once done, hit the enter key. Doing so will connect you with the Netgear genie smart setup wizard.
When you connect with the Netgear genie setup wizard, it will provide you with below-given on-screen steps to follow:
- Connect to Netgear_Ext wireless network.
- Now, Netgear genie will display a list of existing WiFi networks within the range.
- Choose the name of network you would like to extend and click continue.
- In case the network has enabled wireless security function, you need to enter the password.
- If you own a dual-band router, choose the 5GHz WiFi network and hit continue.
- As soon as the extender starts connecting with the router, you will prompt to change the WiFi settings of your extender.
- In case you don’t want to change the extender settings for now, click continue button.
- Now, you will see a new screen. When it occurs, it means your PC has automatically disconnected from the wireless network.
- Cross-check the settings to make sure they are correct.
- Next, connect to your extender network once again.
- Finally, close the genie setup page by clicking on the finish button.
Got an issue while following these steps of Netgear genie setup wizard? We can help you! Just contact our experts at +1-844-854-6817 and let them get the job done for you.
Netgear Genie vs Netgear Genie Smart Setup
The straightforward answer to this query is ‘NO’. Netgear Genie is an app used to manage your wireless network whereas the Netgear genie smart setup wizard is a quick way to set up your Netgear extender.
Talking about the Netgear genie app, it helps you control, handle and monitor your home or office wireless network with just one click. This app is available for all major platforms such as Windows, Mac as well as Android and iOS. With its desktop application, even novices can use this tool to handle the network from customizing SSID to disallowing unauthenticated users – with great ease.
Once you download the Netgear genie application, you can stream and share videos or music, set up parental controls, diagnose and troubleshoot the network problems. Not only this but also you can do the following tasks straight away from your device:
- Know how fast your computer can download the website content
- Access the network map to see how many devices are connected to your network
- Perform a speed test for your ISP broadband network
- Create a guest network for your friends and family
- View and change the current wireless settings of your router
- Set up parental controls from the home screen
- Get access to various tools such as DNS Lookup, Ping, Trace Route, and Computer Profile
This was all about the Netgear genie app. So what are you waiting for, download it today and start managing your network your way? If you face any issue while downloading and using the Netgear genie app, contact the experienced technicians at toll-free +1-844-854-6817.
Now, let’s share some knowledge about dealing with various issues with Netgear genie setup wizard.
Can’t Access Netgear Genie Smart Wizard?
Facing issues while accessing the Netgear genie smart wizard? Nothing to worry about. Just follow the below-given troubleshooting tips to fix the issue:
- Make sure your extender is connected to an active WiFi network.
- Delete the cookies, cache and temporary files from the web browser you are using.
- Check if your PC’s internet connection is turned on.
- Enter the login web address in the URL bar only, not in the search bar.
- Use another web browser.
- Reboot the extender and router once.
- Check the firmware version on your Netgear device. If it is outdated, upgrade it right away.
- Try resetting the extender to default settings.
Netgear Genie Not Working? Let’s Fix!
Contact us! Fixing issues with Netgear genie is what we have been doing for many years. So feel free to call our qualified technicians at toll-free +1-844-854-6817. We will help you troubleshoot the issue in minutes.